Notice.... that wasn't a question. ;)
So I knew I would love my son and I even knew, on some level, that I would probably be temporarily stricken with the "I gave birth to the Christ-child" syndrome. But nothing prepared me for the amount of love that I would have and the depth in which that love would run. It is AMAZING a million times over. Hard to even grasp or wrap your mind around.
OK- Little things that tell me that Shane is going to be brilliant with tons of personality on top of being the cutest boy ever... ;)
- At 2 days old, Eric was holding Shane and Shane was sucking on a pacifier. Eric leaned forward and thought it to be cute to remove the pacifier from Shane's mouth with his teeth. Shane didn't think it was so funny. He started wailing, face turned red, the whole shabang. Eric gave him the pacifier back immediately. Shane then covered the pacifier with his little hand (like, 'keep off, DAD!') placed the other hand on top of Eric's.... and gave Eric the dirtiest look I've ever seen a newborn give. Frown lines on the forehead and all. The room fills with laughter. Eric, being the comedian he can sometimes be, laughed and said "I've seen that scowl a million times! Star, he has your dirty look! Look! (he points Shane in my direction) Make your scowl-face." So, like an idiot, I make the face. Everyone in the room cracks up. Glad they were amused.... :)
- Shane tracks things/people with his eyes. Very alert, intense stare. Also, today he smiled in reaction to something specific that Eric did - not randomly as he was falling asleep (which he does do & is SOOO damn cute, by the way) Shane rocks. Can't say enough about the lil monkey.
So.... see for yourself how adorable he is....and TRY to debate me on it. LOL! Thanks for reading my update. ;)
XOXO

4 comments:
i love those eyes, so handsome. I'm so happy for you guys! I know it wasn't a question, but...he is the cutest boy ever! Congrats again, i can't wait to meet him. i love you!
Ooohhh, I've been waiting for an update! I check back often. He's so dang adorable. I wish I was there to see him! Isn't the amount of love you have for your child unbelievable?? You make me want to have another, stop doing that!
Tee-hee! What a handsome little man. I just want to pinch his cheeks!!!
When Shane opened his eyes to the world he opened your hearts to love! If I do have to say so myself... our little men will be heart breakers! :) ♥
Post a Comment